Thursday 2 May 2013

Brief

Harissa Sheikh. As an A2 Media Studies student our task was to create a marketing campaign for a low budget film that uses or challenges conventions from the slasher genre. My blog consists of an original film poster, trailer, and magazine front cover. The blog will also show the progression of my efforts in order to create the final product. This involves research, templates, audience research and application of media theory. As a group we filmed, edited and perfected the slasher trailer. This required the use of qualitive and quantitive data to make important decisions about the required product. As individuals we created our own posters and magazine front covers to advertise our film using original images and image manipulation software.

Firstly, we constructed our own market research to investigate my target audiences interest in horror films. I did this by creating a questionnaire on www.questionpro.com which enabled me to ask my sample both quantitive and qualitative data. i asked question such as what is your favouraite horror film? After creating this i pasted the link to my questionnaire to social media and messanging services such as facebook, twitter and blackberry messenger.

I used this information to build together an audience profile as a reflection of the demographic i was trying to reach. This helped me to specify my texts to the target demographic.

No comments:

Post a Comment